Hershel Woody Williams VA Medical Center
Patient/Family Education staff at the Hershel "Woody" Williams VAMC provides many ways for patients and family members to get health related information:
- Classes such as Smoking Cessation, Disease Management and Diabetes Education are available, and families are welcome.
- Medication information sheets are provided with prescriptions and can be obtained from the pharmacists in Room GA111, or by calling the Drug Information Center at Ext. 3784.
- Materials about medical conditions such as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), angina and pain are available from your primary care team.
- Dietitians are available to discuss special diets.
- Social workers are available to discuss home health services, support groups and community resources.
- You can make an appointment with a pharmacist to review your medicines, develop a daily schedule and learn about interactions and side effects.
- Contact your primary care team to see a dietitian, social worker, pharmacist or attend a class.
The My HealtheVet site provides veterans and their families excellent, reliable patient education information as well as the latest VA News. Information about veterans benefits and services is also available.
Upon registering with My HealtheVet, you will be able to:
- refill prescriptions online
- keep personal food and activity journals
- monitor your personal health data, such as blood pressure and pain levels
- maintain your own self-entered personal health record
VA Television Network
An on-demand education video system is available for all inpatient rooms and in some waiting areas. Ask the staff for further information on how to access the system.