Hershel Woody Williams VA Medical Center
If you qualify for VA health care, you can get high-quality mental health services as part of your benefits. You may also be able to get care for certain mental health problems even if you don't have VA health care.
About the Program
The outpatient mental health service at Hershel "Woody" Williams VAMC provides consultation, evaluation, and treatment for a variety of issues that can impact emotional well-being.
Mental health services provided at Hershel "Woody" Williams VAMC include treatments for:
- depression, sadness, grief
- anxiety, worry, nervousness
- addictive behaviors
- relationship problems
- stress from medical problems and/or pain
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- emotional problems, such as managing anger
- vocational issues
- psychosocial rehabilitation (Psychosocial Rehabilitation Recovery Center)
- troublesome thoughts or ideas
- confused thinking
- aggressive or self-harming behaviors
- memory problems
We also provide outreach to homeless veterans.
Mental health services are confidential. We will not talk to anyone about information you share unless you give written consent. Under federal law, a few exceptions to this rule exist. If you have questions, please ask your mental health consultant.
- Hershel Woody Williams VA Medical Center
- 304-429-6755 Ext. 2723
Hours of Operation
M - Th: 8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Fri: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Sat: 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.